Friday, November 5, 2010

YAY...I'm a very happy person today!

So I do have a post that I want to write about my Navy life so far, I just have no energy to do it right now lol. But that will definitely becoming soon!

I was out shopping with my mom all day, which was wonderful and lots of fun! I finished all my Christmas shopping for my grandfather, my sailor and the teachers on my team. I was able to get everything I wanted for my guy so I'm really excited! There is still one more part of his gift I have to finish, but I'm planning a day out so I just have to put together the clues I'm giving him as to what we are doing. (I can't say too much because he does read my blog!) And, one of the things I really wanted to get him was on sale, so I was a super happy shopper today!!

So my sailor got a new roommate, or really I should say, an actual roommate. He has seriously lucked out and has gone from a double room with no roommate (for some reason), a petty officers suite (aka a single room) to a room with a roommate who lived with his girlfriend so was he NEVER there (yeah, don't quite understand that one either lol). But now he has an actual roommate, who actually lives in the room. It's a little weird for him since he's been living alone since January, but I think he's adjusting well and the guy is just starting Power School so it's better since my sailor is already 2 months into it. A roommate now just means he has to go outside to talk to me before bed. Well, he doesn't have to he just feels weird having a full on conversation in front of someone else, doesn't want to interrupt whatever they are doing. What can I say, the boy is too cute and doesn't want to be rude :)

Anyway, the best part of the new roommate...INTERNET!! My sailor didn't want to pay for internet (it was kinda expensive for just one person), I agreed and we didn't think it was worth it because we talk on the phone everyday/night anyway. Buuuut, this roommate brings internet which means SKYPE DATES!! OMG, I'm so excited, it's been too long since I've actually seen his face "live." He's pretty excited too, definitely having one tomorrow! :) We would have had one tonight but he went out to a hockey game/party for his friends 21st with a few other guys in his class. He needs to unwind and relax, he's been super stressed and feeling burnt out, and said he wants to be more social/friendly (we're very similar, like to stay home, preferably with each other, to relax and stuff, and tend to be quiet until you get to know us-especially me, once you get to know me, you will see that I NEVER shut up lol), so I can't be too mad he's "ditching" me for them lol.

But the absolute BEST part of today is...HE'S OFFICIALLY COMING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS!! I mean, he was always going to come home, but this afternoon I booked his ticket for him so it is now officially official lol. YAAAAAAY! Even better, he decided to stay until January 1st (instead of going back Dec. 28th and me going back with him until the 2nd) because he said there is no way he could study knowing that I was there, he would be too distracted. Hehe, he's so cute! And he said he would rather be home, relaxing there, enjoying his time. Either way, I am so RIDICULOUSLY BEYOND EXCITED AND HAPPY that he will be home in 42 days (or 6 weeks, I think that sounds better). I CANNOT WAIT!! December 17th needs to get here NOW!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats all so exciting! Yay for Christmas shopping, Yay for internet and Skype dates, and Yay for him coming home!!

Steph said...

That all sounds great! I haven't even thought about xmas yet.