Wednesday, January 26, 2011

less than a month!

It is now officially less than one month (ok, so really it was a month from yesterday the 25th, but one day less is less than a month in my book!) until my baby graduates Power School and officially less than one month until I am in his arms again!

can't wait to see this handsome guy again!
and this is definitely one of my all time favorite pictures of us :)

This also means that in about a month, he will officially go from being 13+ hours away from me to exactly 3 hours...and we both cannot wait! He just confirmed his housing situation out today and is rooming with 2 of his really good friends (and another guy that they are friends with but didn't necessarily want to live with). It's basically a duplex, with one 2 bedroom apartment on top (which will by my fiance's) and one 2 bedroom apartment on the bottom. Either way, that is all figured out, so that is one more stress off his shoulders!

And when I said tonight that I hope they don't mind me being there a lot (especially while he's on hold for 2  months and before his schedule really kicks in) I will be going up to see him A LOT! He said I have nothing to worry about and that they won't mind and it doesn't matter even if they do. I'm not the type of girl that would go and take over their place anyway, so I know I'm not worried about that and neither is he. Plus, it's only going to be for about 8 months that he'll be living up there and once his rotating schedule starts, which is about 2 months into Prototype (when the REAL hellish hours begins) I will only be going up to visit when he has his days off (which really only happens every 3 weeks, otherwise it's about one random day off a week, depending on the schedule he gets). But they all know about me, since apparently he talks about me often :)

And, the best part is, he already told them that I'll be cooking for them all the time! I thought that was really funny, because I had already planned on it, but now he volunteered me before he even told me! The 3 guys he's living with don't have SO's either (as far as I know right now) so I'm definitely going to take care of them and feed them! I already started planning food that is easy to make and can make enough to feed 4 men haha. I love to cook, especially for my sailor, and I'm looking forward to having some more people to test my dishes on!

Now I'm off to lay in bed and read a little bit before bed...having some MAJOR snow here in Northern NJ and am PRAYING for a snow day tomorrow (or at least a delayed opening!) I love my 6th graders, but I'll be honest, I could use a day off!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats so exciting :) I'm happy for you! I think it's great that you'll be cooking for them, but don't don't turn into their maid! :P You should try out lots of new dishes for them, cooking is fun!
Do you guys have a date for the wedding yet???

Steph said...

How exciting! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words.

Anonymous said...

Yea! So excited for you! It was about a year ago that we did that. He was living on the east coast going to school and he finally graduated and we got him an ordmod to WA. Now we're about three hours apart too. He comes down every weekend when he's on off-crew.
Good luck and congrats!

Delainey said...

What exciting news! and how sweet of you to cook for the roomates! Just make them do the dishes =]