Tuesday, September 14, 2010

ramblings

 So my last post was a jumble of updates and this one is again, sorta. Really its just a little bit of my rambling on things that have happened over the past couple days.

  • I love my sailor. He always makes me smile. Just a little text convo with us last night! And I realized I don't think I ever said what my sailor's name was so for future reference, his name is Mike (although I always call him Michael, it's rare that I actually say Mike lol) :)

Mike: I miss ur face and hands
Me: yeah yeah sure. I thought they smelled too much for you?
(He likes to joke that I smell. I assure you, I don't. At least I don't smell bad anyway. He does it because he knows it annoys me lol)
Mike: Ur hands no i like how they fit in mine and when they touch my neck and back and chest
(just about melted...)
Me: Baby...me too. All of it. I miss you :( You're my favorite. I just want to be your wife already
Mike: U will be soon babe time has a way of flying by

Damn I love that boy :)


  • Today at work one of the teachers I work with gave me an extremely nice compliment. She said she was watching me and was so impressed and amazed at how I work with the students. She said she loved that I just knew what students needed assistance, who were off task and who just needed a little extra "push". She said she could see that it was "innate in me" which I thought was the biggest compliment you can get as a teacher. So many people think they can be a teacher or think it's so easy but I don't think it's something that you can just learn. I think you have to have some of it in you already in order to be an effective teacher. I was just amazed that after only working with me for a few days, and really only 1 day of actual in class work (since today was only our 4th day of school), that not only did she notice it but complimented me on it. And she's a teacher that has been working for many many many years! So coming from such an experienced teacher, I was so flattered! Definitely made my day!
  • Soooo, stopped into Dunkin Donuts today after school to get an iced caramel latte (because as much as I'm excited for fall weather and warm drinks, I will miss my cold ones so I have to get them in while I can) before I had to run some errands. Well, as I'm leaving, these 2 guys walk in, one holding a beer bottle. Yup, beer bottle, in Dunkin Donuts, at like 3 p.m. Not quite sure WHAT to think after I saw that!
  • Apparently 2 of my 6th graders (both of which I knew from last year) are dating. When I asked the girl how that all came about she told me "last night. We texted." Haha why am I not surprised. Plus it's 6th grade "dating" so we all know what that really entails-hanging out at recess, maybe talking on the phone, lasts maybe all of 2 weeks? Some of my kids are quite entertaining!
  • I'm thinking of doing one of the "30 Days of..." on my blog, in hopes it will get me to write more frequently. Or at least help me when I don't know what to write about. Even if I don't do it soon, I will at some point in the semi-near future!
  • New tv is starting soon and I am so excited! Although I missed the 2nd half of the season of all my shows last year because my sailor was out of bootcamp and we always talked at night during what used to be my tv time. So that most likely will happen again this time around, but I'm going to do a MUCH better job of watching them the next day or just keeping up with them. A couple weeks ago I had to catch up on about 10+ episodes on a few of my faves. Fun but definitely time consuming! And I'm writing this blog during commercials of One Tree Hill's season premiere! And it's only about 20 minutes in and everyone is so ridiculously happy, I'm just waiting for something really bad to happen!


That's about it I think, can't remember if there was anything else that I wanted to share tonight. I'm sure I'm missing something that I can't think of right now. No biggie! Hope everyone is having a good start to their week, yay for tomorrow being Wednesday!

2 comments:

Delainey said...

HAHAH! "Last night. We texted." That's too funny and kinda scary that 6th graders have cell phones now. When I was that age we were writing notes haha

Anonymous said...

Haha, young dating cracks me up!! and I don't know what I would have done seeing someone walk into dunkin doughnuts at 3 with a beer, really? but some days are just like that I guess.

I hope time flys for you :)