Tuesday, August 24, 2010

making wishes

I just want to start my post with a thank you to all my followers! I can't believe I'm already up to 33! Thank you all for your comments too, they make my day, you all are so sweet! :)

myspace layouts



So on to my post...

While walking through the outdoor outlet mall on Sunday before having to head to the airport, we came across a fountain. You know the ones, in every mall, filled with coins? Like the one below


Well, my sailor stopped and started fishing around in his pocket. Me, curious as to why we stopped by a fountain, asked him what he was doing, when he pulled out a penny and a nickel. He asked me which I thought was better and if he would get 5 wishes for the nickel. I told him I didn't think it worked that way but I'm not a wishing expert so I really didn't know :)

Well he got the penny all ready in his hand and then closed his eyes. I started to say something when he told me to shush because he was making his wish. My heart melted when he said this because it was just so damn cute and unexpected :) He then tossed the penny and offered me the nickel, which I told him I didn't need because I already had my wish and then gave him a big kiss! He gave me his most adorable smile that just melted me even further and tossed the nickel.


I didn't ask what he wished for because after all those birthday candles I've blown out, you learn if you tell someone your wish it won't come true. And whatever he was wishing for, I'm pretty sure I want it to come true! Maybe he will tell me if it comes true when it does, that's if he remembers what he wished for. I love my sailor, but when it comes to his memory, he tends to forget some stuff. Not the big important stuff, just some of the little more unimportant things. I don't (well try not to usually) hold it against him, I know how much he's got going on in that brain of his!

This random, adorable, sweet moment just made me have the biggest smile on my face.I loved the fact that he was so serious about it and really wanted to make a good wish.

After his wishing, we walked around some more and did some talking about our dream duty stations. He's a sub vol and really wants to be on a sub, so *fingers crossed* he will get on one. And hopefully the one we want. But it's all about the needs of the Navy so who knows. The good thing is, our choices are pretty much the same and for the same reasons. But we both said that regardless of where he gets stationed, we'll be together and we'll make it work and know that it's not forever. And as he told me (he is always so full of encouragement and wisdom for me, damn I love the boy!) he told me to think of at least one positive for any place that we could go (but I'm sure there will be more!), so as not to dwell on any negatives that there might be. So no matter where we go, I know we'll make the best of it! :)

We still have a good amount of time before we find any of this out, like not until the END of NEXT year, so it's just really talking about all the possibilities. We have a lot of stuff going on between now and then and we just talk about anything and everything we can, especially when we're together.

We know anything could happen but we are ready for whatever comes our way and to start our adventure when the time comes :)

No comments: